Dengue, a mosquito-borne infection, in the past one decade has become one of the most dangerous health hazards not only in India but also across the globe. Known as the most rapidly expanding vector-borne disease, Dengue is a severe kind of fever or flu-like health concern that affects people of all age groups including infants, young children and adults with equal gravity.
A lethal complication that arises from Dengue is known as Dengue Haemorrhagic Fever (DHF) which has become a leading cause for the death of children below 10 to 12 years in various Asian countries.
Some most noticeable symptoms of Dengue at a glance
In children, the symptoms of Dengue start surfacing after 3 to 12 days of infection caused by the transfer of virus into human body through mosquito bite. 5 initial symptoms include the following-
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Back pain or pain behind the eyes
- Unbearable joint pain
- Fever and chills including sweating and shivering simultaneously
- Rashes (itchy) or red spots.
There are cases when the situation gets life-threatening. It happens when the blood vessels inside the body of the affected person get damaged and leaky. As a result, the number of platelets or the clot-forming cells drastically drops, and becomes the cause of the following-
- Persistent vomiting and haemorrhagic fever
- Rashes in the palm and feet that lead to serious bacterial infections
- Sudden and unexpected drop in blood pressure
- Bleeding from gums and nose
- Unbearable abdominal pain
- Bleeding under the skin which looks like bruising
- Symptoms that indicate problems in liver, heart as well as lungs.
Precautionary measures to prevent dengue
As of now, there is no vaccine that can be injected into the body of the affected person for instant relief. However, there are indirect methods and medications out there which can be considered as makeshift measures only. The most effective method to prevent this deadly infection lies in the complete elimination of mosquitoes – the main cause behind Dengue.
Here’s how you can get rid of mosquitoes-
- Remove of all the sites where there is a possibility of mosquito breeding
- Proper disposal of solid and liquid wastes
- Wipe out the possibility of collection of water in discarded objects
- Prevent mosquito bites with proper use of screens, insect repellents and protective clothing
- Application of insecticide (Fogging) and pest control services is also suggested in high risk areas to decrease the mosquitoes’ breeding.
On the whole, cleanliness and prevention from Dengue go hand in hand, particularly when there is no certain-to-be-successful vaccine available. It would be good to mention that ‘cleanliness’ is a broad term that denotes purity both inside and outside. To keep your home and its surroundings neat, clean and mosquito-free, Lifeasy can be an ideal cleaning partner. The company provides a wide array of on demand home services including pest control services in Noida, Ghaziabad, Delhi and Gurgaon. Apart from this, you can also approach Lifeasy for Home Cleaning, Water Tank Cleaning, RO Service in Delhi, Sofa cleaning services in delhi and deep cleaning of each and every part of your home.